Tails Cocktails has announced a brand-wide packaging update, celebrating the origins of cocktails, to be released ahead of London Cocktail Week. 1-7 October 2018.
The origin of cocktails is something that remains hotly debated within the industry. Many believe the inspiration came as early as 1779, in a tavern where they used rooster feathers to stir alcoholic mixed drinks, providing colourful, garnishes. These drinks became known as cock-tails.
Celebrating the rooster’s flamboyant feathers, the brand has re-launched with a new logo, bringing together key elements of both the brand’s ethos and history of cocktails.
Key logo elements:
- The balance scales represent the precision and science behind batching cocktail recipes
- The feather is the iconic symbol for Tails, referencing the inspirational origins of cocktails
- The classic martini cocktail glass symbolises the quality and high-standards Tails delivers
- The arrows illustrate the flow of cocktail making
- The red cogs represent the mixing tools used when batching Tails recipes
Tails has built a bespoke two-story container to showcase its new feather design and range of batched cocktails in bottle and on draught, including Classic Mojitos and Espresso Martinis on tap.
Nick Wall, founder of Tails Cocktails, says: “The UK’s cocktail culture is booming and, as a result, batched cocktails have been growing in popularity in leading bars as a way of providing great tasting, consistent cocktails without making the customer wait. Tails Cocktails offers bars, restaurants and many other venues and occasions the opportunity to capitalise on this trend, without having to invest hours into preparation and training. Our brand re-launch focuses on our core values of quality and authenticity, and I feel that the refreshed packaging really tells our story. I’m excited to see how it will be received in the trade.”